2017 PABJ CALENDAR
PHILLY • NATIONAL • COMMUNITY• SOCIAL • ADVOCACY • REGIONAL • PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
March Chapter Meeting - March 14 (RESCEDHULED)
NABJ Region 1 Conference March 31 – April 1, 2017
#NABJPhilly17: The National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) will host its 2017 Region 1 Conference at the Annenberg School for Communication on the beautiful campus of the University of Pennsylvania. Hundreds of journalists, communication professionals and students from across the U.S. Northeast are expected to attend the two-day conference, titled the “Diversity, Innovation & Technology Summit.”Register at nabjphilly17.com
April Chapter Meeting - April 11
NABJ in New Orleans - August 9 to August 13
The National Association of Black Journalists welcomes you to participate as the organization gathers in New Orleans for the Annual Convention and Career Fair. Thousands of journalists, media executives, public relations professionals, and students are expected to attend to network, participate in professional development sessions and celebrate excellence in journalism. Early Bird Registration extended to March 10th www.nabjconvention.com
Full Member: Working journalists, i.e., those individuals in the broadcast and print media whose
principal function(s) is the gathering and dissemination of news. This category includes reporters,
editors, newsroom managers, news producers, camera persons, photographers, columnists,
editorial writers, new media journalists, news artists and cartoonists. Freelance journalists who
derive a majority of their income from freelancing.
Associate Member: Persons employed in a media-related profession, college or university
professors, those who have worked and left the journalism field and those who do not qualify for full
Student Member: Persons who are currently full-time students at an accredited college or
university who are either majoring in print or broadcast journalism or have expressed an interest in
pursuing a journalism career.
Your business contact information will be listed in the PABJ membership directory:
Payment for PABJ Membership
1. Membership dues are good from January to December. Dues paid after Nov. 15 carry over to the
2. Announcements will be sent regularly to your business e-mail (unless you indicate otherwise).
Please make sure all e-mail addresses are legible and are working.
For Office Use Only: Check # _______ Amount ______ Date Received ____/____/____
Pay Membership Online … In 2 Steps
- Go to https://www.paypal.com/us/home
- At the top tool bar, click on “Buy,” then scroll to “Make a Payment.”
- If you are paying via PayPal, please add a $2 handling charge to your dues Full membership post $42; associate membership post $37; and student membership post $22.
- Next fill out form with your credit card information.
- Once your payment has been accepted proceed to Step 2.
Fill out the online application (You must fill the application are the membership process will not go through)
- Make sure to fill all boxes with asterisks.
- Press send.
- Review “Confirmation for PABJ Membership” page. Then click “Process Payment.”
- Your PayPal payment in Step 1 and application approval in Step 2 together serve as your membership receipt.
- Remember: Both steps must be completed for your online membership payment to be complete.
Pay Membership By Mail
When mailing your payment make sure to download the membership application and send it with your payment to:
PABJ - Membership
P.O. Box 8232,
Philadelphia, PA 19101
- $40 full member (full-time journalists)
- $35 associate member (public relations/media-related professionals, professors, and other professionals who want to affiliate with PABJ)
- $20 student member (full-time student)
Member dues are good from January to December. Dues paid after Nov. 15 carry over to the following year.
Pay Membership In Person
Chapter meetings are every second Tuesday of the month. You can only pay cash in person; not through the mail.
2015 PABJ CAREER FAIR
The Philadelphia Association of Black Journalists (PABJ) would like you to participate in the 2nd Annual Career Fair, scheduled for April 2014 at Temple University.
The economy is tough. Times are hard. We want to serve as the portal to help job seekers with their mission in finding employment and assist regional companies in their efforts of finding workers.
Following the success from last year's effort, the 2015 career fair is the perfect recruitment venue rewarding companies with access to community applicants to employ in the vast area of communication. PABJ is proud to partner with like-minded companies that are committed to community engagement.
The PABJ Career Fair is open to all persons of any ethnic background and/or sexual orientation. The fair will also include tips and information on job readiness for job applicants.
|Company Table Cost - $100
As a company participant of the 2015 PABJ Career Fair, one table and two chairs will be provided. Visibility and brand
2015 PABJ Job Fair Components: